Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cloverfield


Last night I saw Cloverfield. The very secret project by J.J. Abrams (he created Lost and Felicity.) It was good, but there was something missing from it. I couldnt put my finger on it.

I dont think the movie would have been as scary if you werent a New Yorker. The video camera was a great touch.


As I walked out of the theater with A.L. into the chilly Manhattan night I could just picture the giant monster knocking down the Barnes and Nobel on Union Square and then making it way down Broadway to devour us. People running and screaming as it advanced on us.


But luckily it didnt happen.


The movie was scary to say the least. My leg was shaking through most of it. The ending was kind of great. I liked, but I can see how others could think it was a little hoaky.


I give the movie ***(3 stars)

No comments: