Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My mom is here


My mother is here. She arrived early this morning and basically waited around for me all day long. I took her to dinner at Republic on Union Sq. West. She loves the Pad Thai there. So far things are going well.

I can feel our relationship morphing from mother/teenager to mother/adult. Or at least she respects my decisions more. Its good and bad at the same time. I feel relieved that I dont have to put up the almost charade for my parents that I put up in high school. I also feel relieved that whatever dialogue I decide to use with her she goes with it. And she no longer scoffs at my food buying habits. She actually seemed interested in the fact that I like whole wheat rasin english muffins for breakfast.

I will fill you in on developements with the man and I (the curve ball). and I will digress further about the mother visit later. Now, though its 9 p.m. I must go to bed. I'm exhausted.

No comments: