Tuesday, December 05, 2006

(not title worthy)

*Disclaimer: I hate that I need to title every entry. Don't the people at blogger know that its really hard to come up with a title that is both satirical and witty?(or is something satirical automatically witty?)

On to the real topic of discussion.

Things these days seem good. I'm sitting in Universal News eating an apple bran yogurt muffin that tastes like God himself not only baked it, but baked it just for me. I have new books in my green Barnes & Noble bag, along with the New Yorker and the Washington Square literary quarterly. And I'm about to list things for ya'll.

My Favorite book: The Hours By Michael Cunningham
Favorite play: Proof by David Auburn
Favorite movie: Magnolia directed by P.T. Anderson
Favorite poem: four preludes on playthings of the wind by Carl Sandburg
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite place from my past: Academey st. kalamazoo, MI.
Favorite place from the present: Union Sq. Manhattan.
Favorite restaurant: Miyagi on west 13th and 8th avenue.
Favorite song: "this is the sea" by the waterboys.
Favorite line from a movie: "The price you pay for bringing up my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is: I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now if any of you sons of bitches HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY, NOWS THE FUCKING TIME!!! I didnt think so." --Oren Ishii in Kill Bill V. 1.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im wearing myself a t-shirt that says
The world is my ashtray
Our hearts pump dust and our hairs all grey
And I just got a message that said
Yeah, hell has frozen over.
I got a phone call from the lord saying,
Hey boy, get a sweater, right now!
Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Does anybody know a way?
Were drinkin drinkin drinkin drink coca coca cola
I can feel it rolling right on down
Oh right on down my throat
As were headed down the road towards tiny cities made of ashes

Modest Mouse
--Tiny Cities Made of Ashes--

I LOVE YOU JESSE...YOu seriously need to get your record store working self down and listen to this song!

Love, paige

Anonymous said...

God I love that movie. Kill Bill that is.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I thought that title was perfectly acceptable!!

Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen