Sunday, December 17, 2006

A thing that turned into my salute to sundays.

I am a collector of many things: Coffee mugs, classic novels, sneakers. I am also a collector of good days. Or maybe good moments. It seems that I am having another one.

I am a lover of Sundays. Easy breezes, and great coffee, the Times Book Review all combine to create a mood.

I sleep until 10. I'm a morning person, so sleeping past 9 makes me feel as though I've ruined my whole day. I drink an unbelievable amount of coffee, and sit on the floor reading Arts & Leisure.

I turn my phone off. Open my windows and watch the sun move across my floor as I curl up, cuddled with a book. Its a sort of bliss I dont know 6 days a week.

I wait, sitting calmly. Listening to NPR on my teeny tiny radio. I feel plugged in, universal.

I know I am a citizen. On Sundays the world, natural as it may be, is one with me.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Such a romantic!

Maybe, all of us "morning people" are romantics!?