Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happiness Bubbles make me poetic

You have happiness bubbles, right? I sure as shit do. I'm having one right now. It's 12:30 at night, I dont have to be at work for 12 hours and I'm happy as a clam. Sitting in front of my computer listening to Tokyo Police Club, and looking at living prospects. A roach just crawled across my floor.

There are moments where I want more in my life. I feel I maybe should have taken those older men up on their offers of comfort and luxury, but then I think, "wait! I have a brain."
I have been in New York for a little under a year, and even though there are moments when I may crack open and fall to pieces I now have a net. Its not as strong as the net I have from home, but its still a decent size. As long as the dismount isnt too fucked up it should catch me.
I'm happy here, I belong here.

One of the reasons I love it so much is because I know that somewhere in the city, there's another 1/8,000,000 who is sitting in their bed, just like me who thinks this is the wrong place for them. Many fight the current, we are all salmon in our lives. What New York teaches you is that, even if youre a bright pink and yellow polk-a-dotted salmon there's still a place here for you. From the projects of the south Bronx to the backyards of Staten Island, we are diversity. I couldnt live anywhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah new york - thats why I love the city so much! My boyfriend and I can't take Arizona anymore, we're packing up and moving back East to the city, possibly Manhattan but more likely Brooklyn. We could be your new neighbors!!!