Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Purple Chair

If things work out(knock on wood) tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a giant purple chair. This chair is so big that I sat in a few months ago I stood up in the St. Lawrence river. Ok, its not that big, but its fucking huge.

Now I know what you 2 are thinking. (By two I mean the 2 people who read my blog still, myself included.) "But Jess (we're on a nickname basis), I thought that your apartment was tiny, the smallest apartment in Brooklyn?" "I thought you hated the color purple?" "I thought that you didnt want anymore furniture?" ENOUGH QUESTIONS! IT'S PRETTY! And I want a good napping chair, and an excuse to get rid of the three extra chairs I have in my apartment. Plus I want to start a hand-me-down thing with this chair. When I move, and I have a friend or new someone who moves to the city I want to give it to them. It will be a symbol of "making it" or somethign cheesy like that.

In other news

I have a problem with wearing my heart on my sleeve. Not because I dont do it, because its more like I wear it pinned to the front of shirt like a pre-schooler with a teachers note about heah checks. So heres my problem: I had a really great time with Bob the other night.

I know that may not sound like a big deal to some people, but here's not for me, and I'll tell you why. I'm young and relationship oppressed, I could have a friend with benefits relationship in MI because I knew that I would eventually be leaving MI behind, no hard feelings. But I'm here now, and I want to branch out. Do I want to branch out with Bob? Am I being stupid, or naive? Overly dramatic? Its possible, I do that from time to time. But I really need to figure shit out.

If there really are people who still visit my corner of the internet, and wade through my mindless muddlings want to impart wisdom upon me, they are completely welcome to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all - I'm sure you have more than two readers. If you count me, and I check your blog every day, you have at least three.

Second - NYC is perhaps the best and worst place to date, all at the same time. For one you have the chance to meet a seemingly infinite number of people. On the other hand, once you meet someone you like, there are always other people that you will meet and might seem tempting. Or you'll get that gnawing feeling of "am I taking myself off the market too soon?"

My suggestion is that if you like Bob go for it, but don't make it exclusive just yet. If he's the one that you will figure that out soon enough, if not at least you'll have gotten some good dates in.

Anonymous said...

hey jesse
long time
--(the way I see it)friends with benfits is just a cover for people that don't want to get hurt, but by being "just friends" they ending hurting themselves even more. hmm I probably shouldn't be giving relationship advice seeing as mine are all shity....yeah.

love ya