Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Congratulations! Youre Broke!!!

I have $27. I'm trying to think about this as a creative challenge, "I'm a slave to my art" replays in my head. "this will be great for the book" is also a resounding message, but then again I'm not sure there ever will be a book.

I'm kind of amazed that I'm not more downtrodden about this. But I'm trying to remain optomistic or something.

In other news I've continued updating my gay lexicon. Andrew Holleran, David Leavitt, Edmund White. Now all I need is the musics. But that will happen soon enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad - I have $3.68 in my bank account right now. Broke is the new rich, if you haven't heard.

Jon-Marc McDonald said...

Being broke sucks, especially in NYC. I remember trying to stretch ten dollars for two weeks.
For some reason it seems to always work out.

As for Edmund White. Read everything witten by him. I love him and when I first moved here hosted a signing for him. He is truly a gentleman (though his cute *and much younger* boyfriend was an ass!)