Monday, September 25, 2006

The good things post

So...The stress has left the building. I apologize for the large number of posts that were basically just me bitching about how much time I dont have. I tend to go over-board on things like that. I fish for sympathy, I'll admit it(This is proof).

But now the parents are gone, the hours at work have declined, and I only have one test coming up, next week. So things are good. So here's an update on things in my life, divided up into sections.

The Writing:

I have about 6 first sentences floating around inside my little head, like:

The violin strings had been restrung by Edward at her request. The Preformance was to be at 8, things were going quite well, all things considered.

I dont know exactly what this story will be about, but who knows maybe that will end up being my "Mrs. Dalloway said....." sentence.


The Reading:

I caved. After the parents left I bought two books. Andrew Holleran, and Hollingherst(I think I butchered that one)(I apologize for the bad spelling). I also bought the New York Magazine issue about Jim McGreevey, I read the excerpt. I dont know how I feel about this whole thing. I want to know more, but I dont want to buy the whole fucking book.


The Music:

I bought Radiohead and Etta James yesterday. I've started really getting into Sleater-Kinney, and People In Planes, and I will forever love Broken Social Scene.


The Boys:

No boys, I theres a guy on campus thats interested. He and I have made our fair share of eye contact. Alas, I fear he may be in the closet completely, and I dont want to deal with that again.

The Men:

I have time to hang out with my amigos this week! Today is Michael, tomorrow is Christopher, the day after is Thom. I may even be seeing Bob this week too.

The City:

I love this city even more. After the visit from the parents is was completely reaffirmed that I do in fact LIVE in New York City. I cant believe it sometimes. I know I will travel but this is homebase from now on.

The overall feeling:

I'm good, I'm relaxed. I'm calm. I'm alive. And I read the Sunday Times this morning, with very strong coffee. Like I need anymore hair on my chest.


Story Tomorrow I promise.

No comments: