Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm back

Thankgiving I was home. I was surrounded by friends from high school I was smiling and they were asking all these questions. I get a text from a friend in New York "so how is it?" I text her back later and say "I dont fit in here. Everyone is the same and I'm so different." This was the thesis statement of me trip.

I still love my friends from home, and I miss them terribly. But being in New York has toughened me up. Made me less afraid to step on toes, made me less afraid to be me. My parents were great. They having seen me in New York mode, kicking cabs and telling tourist to "please get the fuck out of my way?" they know that I'm different then my brother and sisters because I need to be. Life in Michigan is simple. You grow up, get married, have kids, and then die. I cant do that. I cant follow that time line, life is too short and precious to spend pushing a shopping cart around Wal-mart for 20 years.

My mom told me on the way to the airport that my life was too big for two penninsulas. Its true I want to much out of life and I know it. But I'm not going to sacrifice my deepest and most important dreams because of someone else. Unless I'm so in love that that person that at times I cant sit still.

The trip reminded me why I felt I needed to leave, but also why I call Michigan home. I still love the space, the elbow room. But thats not what I'm looking for now. I dont know if thats ever going to be what I'm looking for but now its good to know its there to go back to.

I got to see my car! Now I have alot of friends and I love them all. But my car...he'll be with me forever. Jefferey Talbot III I named him myself. My green saturn coup. I didnt get to drive him this time, but I will in the summer when I got a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you Jesse!!!!!