Monday, November 13, 2006

Switching out

I've decided something very important: I'm transferring schools.

I need to get the hell out of my school, now. Its a good school, really it is, but I dont want to waste 2 years taking core classes when I can just get onto my majors(art history and english lit). I want to do something really interesting with my life, and I dont think that the school I'm at can give me the education I want. Plus its a really great reason for getting out of where I'm living now.

Being awoken by gun shots is an experience, so is people on my fire escape at night. But my favorite part, more than the roaches, more than the mice, more than the crazy super who thinks he's Moses, the look on peoples faces when I tell them where I live.

My favorite was my friend Lady L.(in true form I will digress.)

Lady L: So where do you live, near the school I hope.
Me: Yeah just south of prospect park, about 2 blocks south.
Lady L: East of west?
Me:&%^%
Lady L: HOLY SHIT YOU LIVE THERE? Is it scary? But then again it seems like one of those places that seems more unsafe than it really is.
Me: Its unsafe. I havent been robbed, and there's really nice people in the area, but there are better places to live.
Lady L: And worse.
Me: Very true.

Its just that look on the faces, ya know? But I dont want my blog to be the bitchings of a boy in the big city. I dont want it to turn into Queen in the big city. (Dont you know that when you clean youre suppose to pick up the plants and clean UNDER THEM!?!?!!?!?!) I'm no diva I still shop at the GAP.

No comments: