Saturday, July 22, 2006

Caught in the Rain

So today....was wet. Its currently storming out here in East Flatbush. I didn't know it until I decided to go out to get some milk and O.J. (the juice not the "innocent" man). I stepped out into the hall and found myself in darkness. The hallway lights had gone out, the elevator wasnt working. This was a particular pain in the ass because I reside on the fourth floor. I went in to get my handy dandy umbrella and braved the harsh evening weather.

I thoroughly enjoy running errands. It a little ridiculous I know. I mean do people really enjoy dragging themselves to the laundry mat, through the grocery store, to the dry cleaners,..etc. Well, yes, there is such a person, and that person is me. I find it to be a sort of vindication of my new found independence.

Now to fund my independence I need to get my ass a job and pronto.

In other news, I was taken on a little tour of Park Slope today. My friend Michael(who lives there) took me for a walk around the area. We found a Barnes and Noble. While we were inside, enjoying making fun of Danielle Steele novels(who wants to read a Lifetime movie?) it began to rain very heavily. We camped out there for quite sometime, along with the other Park Slope parents. I confessed my fear of small children, he confessed the ringing of his biological clock.

Finally we braved the storm and he took me to lunch. This small sandwhich shop that I cant remember the name of. I had a very interesting sandwhich. I dont even remember what was on it exactly but its sitting in my fridge for later enjoyment.

Now I have to explore the rest of my borough, and find a damn job, and possibly find more time to write, because face it, New York is 40% writers. I'm not saying its the reason I moved here but the city is inspiring in alot of ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»