Friday, July 28, 2006

A story to pass the time

Jonathan looked hard at me from across the table and lit another cigarette. “You’re going to make an ass out of yerself,” he said, holding his smoke.
“You don’t think I know that? It’s a consequence that’s all.” I said. I reached across the table and took his pack of Camels. He’s stopped making smart assed comments, so when I inhaled I heard my cigarette burning.
“So you’re going over to his place, and you’re going to tell him you’re completely in love with him.?” Jonathan asked with slight condescension.
“Yeah, that’s the plan,” I pulled strong on my Camel, the dry, heavy smoke tumbling down my esophagus.
“But Trout’s’ with someone else aint he?”
“Yeah, so what?”
“He’s with a bouncer though, aint he?”
“I guess he is.”
“Youre a damn fool.”
“I’m a damn madman, and don’t call him Trout, his name is Vincent.”
“I known him longer than you have. Hell I introduced you two, set this whole damn thing in motion. I think I can call Vincent what ever the hell I want.”
“Touché my good man.”
Another long drag, a slight pause.
“you’re damn right, touché.”

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hi Jesse...

You write very well!

Good luck with your blog and your book project, too!!

You asked about how to do links...

Go into Blogger and go into your template...

You'll see in your template a place to put links and they have put a few sample links in there to show you how to do it... So cut and paste the URL (web addresses) of the links that you have selected and the new titles that you want and then have a look at them before you hit the re-publish button...

It's very easy once you get the hang of it...

Give it a try and let me know if you are still having a problem with it. Or let me know if you got it together!

Cheers!

Mr. HK