Monday, July 31, 2006

The Mom who keeps on giving

So before I trot off to the subway to meet Bob for a day of beach R & R I have to tell you 3 faithful readers about what I got in that mail today. CARE PACKAGES!!!!!!!!! My midwestern mother, in her attempt to keep me alive and healthy in this lifetime has sent me not one, but TWO boxes of T.L.C.

Box 1 had the most important thing: Coffee. So many types of coffee. The coffee my brother shipped me for my 16th birthday that's so good I only use it for special events. There was package of Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica(my mom went there with my sister and thats about all she brought back) and the tried and true Millstone, even though I'm more of a Folgers person I can deal.

Box 2 was much larger and contained more goodies. Such as the following:

2 coffee mugs
6 movies from home(The Hours, Lost in Translation, Vanilla Sky, Frida, Finding Nemo, and Little Manhattan)
A crisp new copy of Guns Germs and Steal by Jared Diamond(I'm the worst teenager ever)
Roach traps
spoons(...?)
a laundry hamper
cough drops
sinus meds( I get sinus headaches somethin fierce)
envelopes
and other various goodies that I cant tell you because they're hilarious to my mother and I and you wouldnt get them because you dont know her(hows that for a statement?)

Unfortunartly there was no money in the boxes, nor were there helper monkeys, or a petition to see Suri Cruise(seriously though, where the fuck is she?), but my mom tries her hardest and you gotta love her for it.

I'm off to the beach to get another sunburn, but I'm not getting naked. Been there, done that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've decided to send you something, nothing to spectacular though...so dont get your hopes up, because I cant afford to send you a helper monkey........but I would gladly send you scott

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah, sunburns are a bitcch!

madhousesix said...

hey man, great post & just a general comment on your blog - it rocks. i just found you but will come back to read more for sure.

peace.