Friday, August 11, 2006

23 hours and counting

So first off let me tell you that sunrises are amazing in this city. I mean everyone has seen the photos of the Manhattan skyline when the sun is coming up.But actually seeing it, whitnessing it for yourself, its really amazing. The sun is still heavy and orange and world seems almost docial even in New York City.

So in other words I didnt sleep.

I went out at around 5:45 a.m. and took the trusty Q into the city. I got off at 42nd street because even though I hate Times Square during the day when its packed full of tourists, its really amazing in the morning. Its almost completely empty save a few cops, and a couple of suits rushing to work around Midtown. "I bought a coffee and the paper/had a phone conversation"(thats for all you Brighteyes fans) But seriously I bought a coffee, a paper, even though I'm on the NY Times emailing alert list and get it in my inbox everymorning at precisly 7 o'clock(what kind of teenager am I?). I really did have a phone conversation too, with my mother of course. I told her all about my sudden lack of sleep and new found lack of books to read(credit card) she told me to hang in there, it will pass.

Will it? This is the 4th day I've had trouble sleeping, and the tiredness is just now hitting me. Hopefully I can lye down and not ruin my whole day. Plus that would really fuck up my sleeping patterns. But I'm going to try to get some shut eye and wake up again at around noon. If I cant I dont know, maybe the Brooklyn Bridge thing isnt that bad an idea.

No comments: