Friday, August 18, 2006

the 30 seconds I fell in love today

So today was a very good day for this boy in this city. Firstly and most importantly and with nothing to do with this title at all: I got a job!!!! I'm working at a very well known "mega" store in a very well known "Square". If you dont know by that then you need to turn back and start "Hop on Pop" at page 1. Just kidding I love my readers....all 4 of you.

But more on that later.

So I was waiting for the trusty Q train today at Union Sq. station. I had just bough a couple of CD's and a new book that I had read before.(If that makes any sense.) I entered at the 16th street entrance and walked down the platform, then I saw him, and let me tell you right now, he was pretty.

We made eye contact and I though he was just checking me out, because I was defenitly checking him out. But he smiled and I fell completely head over heals for him. I walked past him slightly, David Bowie's "Hero's" starting on my CD player. He would look my was periodically, checking to see if I was there. I pretended to play it cool, act like I was mildly interested in him, like I had been through this before.

He was, I'm guessing 21, probably had a summer internship, at some law firm near Gramercy Park. He had an attractive purple shirt and everything else was black, except of course for his ipod head phones. Dark eyes, dark hair, very good looking. He was shy, and I knew it. I was shy too however and he knew it also. I wished beyond any wish that he would walked up to me.

The Q train was coming from a distance, I looked at him, he gave me a look of longing, which I returned. Then I smiled to myself and he looked slightly confused. We were across the platform from each other. He was waiting for the R, I knew this because as I approached him the W was just leaving.

The Q train doors opened, he smiled kindly as if to say "It was good wanting to know you". The train doors closed, he turned to watch the train go, and saw me standing there against the collum looking at him, still shy. The something came over me, as the N train approached. I knew I had to take this one or I wouldnt be getting home anytime soon, so I took out my NY AM and wrote my number on it. He watched me intently, as I set it down next to the collum and entered the train.

He glided over, picked it as the doors dinged closed. He read it quickly, flashing me a toothy smile that made my heart melt. He showed my a peace sign which I returned with quickly, and as the train pulled away I saw him digging in his messenger bag and retrieving his cell phone.

I'll be honest, my heart skipped a beat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sweet. Did you get a phone call perchance?

Anonymous said...

That is sweet. Did you get a phone call perchance?

Anonymous said...

So did he call?

Madox23 said...

That's such a nice story! I usually have stories like that but the guy is usually looking at someone just behind my left shoulder! :P

Great Post! I'm slightly envious!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

love in nyc...jealous.