Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cliff Hangers

I got a phone call from James the other night. It was about 3 A.M. and I was fast asleep. The phone rings, I answer, he's drunk, this is what transpired:

Me: Hey dude, do you know what time it is.
James: Jesse? Jesse? I need to tell you something.
Me: What?
James: Okay well first I'm a little drunk-
Me: So I hear.
James: I'm a little drunk and I need to tell you something I wanted to tell you before you left but I couldnt because Nick came with us to the coffee shop.
Me: Are you alone?
James: Yeah I stepped outside to have a cigarette.
Me:....
James: I needed to tell you this now because I'm drunk and you have to promise me you wont bring it up again....Promise?
Me: I promise.
James: You promise?
Me: James just tell me.
James: OK well I wanted to tell you that....that...
Me: Yeah.
James: Its not that I didnt love you, its just that..that...
Me: WHAT!?!??
James: Oh hold on....blaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh.
Me: WHAT? DUDE ARE YOU THERE?!!
James: Oh man, I just got threw up all over myself, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later.
Me: James I swear to GOD if you hang up this phone!
James: Bye
"Click"
Me: Fuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was he your boyfriend? Tell us more!