Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A poem for Wednesday

This is a poem that is first in a series that have the same opening line. They're observations on various things: kinds of people, musicc, the state of the world, friends of mine. They may seem depressing to some, but nevertheless I hope you like it, if I get good feed back I'll post a few others.

I’m not getting anywhere here No. 1

Part 1

I’m not getting anywhere here
No one can hear me.
I’m screaming at gun point
Looking for meaning.
The woman, she’s crying
And Johna is dying.
No one looks fleetingly,
At the phoenix

Don’t take this for granted
Temporary at best.
As you slash and burn,
Reignition.

Though I’m stationary now.
I’m silently screaming,
On a pedestal.
To a throng of political ghosts
And public apparitions.
While her back is to the door,
Fiddling with the knob.
In my slight methodical hell
I await the resignation
In the shallows.

Part 2

Foxy fever dreams
Guide me to my post
While my woman cascades
Down the stairs.
Collectively disfigured
Standing free formed and disillusioned

Anger leads me to intolerance
The human way
At best
Soap opera wont end,
Pregnancy scare second term.
And my head will only hit the wall
Six times before I pass out.
Calmed by my coma.
But fever dreams persist.


Part 3

And I’m killed by her courage
She mounted the stairs
Met me on the landing
Questioned my confidence
She’s left standing
In the shallows

Slash and burn
I’ve become
something proud
no ones won.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse, I just fell in love with you all over again. Thats some really great writing. If you hadnt of writen it, I would have thought jesus did...
...fuckin jesus...

Anonymous said...

You are so insightful and profound. How can you write so clearly and yet so in-depth at the same time?

Anonymous said...

You are art.